Sunday, September 02, 2007

Mai Tai Mai Tai


I finally had a real weekend of going out in Portland, and luckily it began with a trip to a tiki bar. "Thatch" ended up being a fantastic little place with a real working stream inside and an awesome playlist of 50's surf music. Not surprisingly, lots of middle-aged men in bowling shirts hang out there. Pictured is a $28 drink called a Volcano Bowl which, as you can see, is on fire. Ben later got something called a "Donkey Punch," which consisted of 151, cherry brandy, and a splash of soda water. He claimed that it was tasty, but I think it was the Volcano Bowl talking.

Last night, we went to Amnesia with Paul, and I was finally able to meet a few nice new people. This hotshot hairdresser from L.A. was harping on one of the girls for getting cheap haircuts; he gestured to me and said, "Now see, her haircut looks great, it's perfect for her face!" I think I ruined his life when I revealed that my "perfect" haircut was actually a $12 job from Great Clips. Punk'd!

No comments: