Friday, September 14, 2007

Where I'm Calling From

Hello from a giant box!

Paul's tv came yesterday, so I took the opportunity to play kitty-kat and sit inside for awhile. I think I may just ship myself back at Christmas instead of springing for a plane ticket.

Hey, I finally took some photos of my house.
Behold, 3511 N. Michigan! Aside from the fact that those trees are filled with giant spiders, it's a nice place to live. We have the top floor, so I like to sit in the balcony and spy on passersby. The front window is Paul's room, and the window up-top is the loft.

Here's my room, home of the really expensive bed that hurts my back and neck. My window overlooks the backyard and alley, which look like this:

As usual, the second I moved in, they began construction on the lot across the alley. My old friend the backhoe usually pulls in at about 8 a.m.

Here's the other side of my room, which leads into the bathroom.


Kitchen!


More Kitchen!

Living room and Ben. He's easy on the eyes, isn't he? Actually, I might be thinking of someone else.

Bathroom, washer & dryer, looking into my room.


From the bathroom, you go up a tiny ladder to get to the loft!


The loft, which could be your bedroom if you decided to come live here.


Come on, you'd even get your own urinal!


Balcony.


View from the balcony, otherwise known as "The Jewel of Michigan Avenue." You can't really tell from the photo, but the front fence is painted to look like a train. There also appears to be a cutout of a gingerbread man amongst all the scrap plywood. Unfortunately, I was not able to capture the pitbull that's usually chasing its own tail, nor did I get the rusted-out pickup that sits idling in the driveway for hours at a time. See how the stairs elegantly and ingeniously lead directly to the pile of loose boards? This is no mere junkyard, but a masterpiece of urban planning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! LOVE the pictures of your house and room! Also like the videos you posted...you will have to tell me how you did that. Still thinking about coming out to visit..the loft would be perfect...except for maybe the urinal lol. Anyway, glad you are having fun out there, and good luck with the job hunt! Try not to get discouraged, I know something is out there for you!
p.s. Are you coming home for Thanksgiving?? I will be flying home on the 21st..I hope we can get together at your mom's new house!

Piglet said...

the urinal did it for me; i'm moving out to take up the loft! your house looks all clean and new and shiny. how amazing.

i did finally get an address last week, and i have a phone which will be calling you the second i get a spare moment to call out KAAWWW...