Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Strictly Catatonic

Well, I think I've hit rock-bottom. That's right: I've now experienced the humiliation that can only come from being dissed by strangers on Craigslist. Portland is big into Craigslist; I use it daily to apply for jobs, and I also like to browse other sections to make fun of the insane ramblings that people love to post. I usually browse "Strictly Platonic" in hopes that a future best friend will post something applicable to me ("Nabokov lover seeks girl pal for string theory discussions and celebrity gossip"), though it's usually the same old ads, over and over again ("Yo I am laid back 5'9 180 I like chillin w/freindz so if you want to hit me up thats cool"). However, I finally saw a few gems, so I e-mailed my wittiest repartee in hopes that SOMEONE, ANYONE, would meet me for a damn beer and get me out of the house. That was a week and a half ago. No responses. Even strangers on the internet are now rejecting me! THANKS, PORTLAND.

In other news, I have finally discovered yoga. Like most other things in life (save Francois Ozon film release dates), I got the news about 10 years after the rest of the world. In short, yoga is amazing. I guess those 25 million people were right!

1 comment:

Piglet said...

yoga! yogurt! yogi bear!