Tuesday, August 07, 2007

LOLLERZ of the day:

(written on the paper wrapper of a croissant from Starbucks)
"Flavors my senses. Sweetens my disposition. Stirs my imagination. Nourishes my dreams..."

Who knew that one croissant was capable of so much!??!? It was pretty good, though.

Tomorrow I'm leaving on the train for old Californiee -- a 17 h 45 m journey (best case scenario, since this train apparently is legendary for having delays of up to 9 hours). I sprung for a sleeper car, because the thought of being trapped next to a talker or an infant for 18 hours made me break out in a cold sweat. I'm really excited... my own tiny room! I think meals are also included, though the sandwich I ate on the train back from Seattle was really, definitely, absolutely the worst thing I've ever eaten, so this isn't really a great bonus. I think I'm really just going to California so I have an excuse to read for 18 straight hours.

Man, Urbana, it appears you have a heat index of 104 right now. It's 67 here. Maybe I don't miss you as much as I thought I did!

No comments: