Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I'm le tired. Today I decided I wanted to go to OMSI to see BodyWorlds, because everyone who's ever gone to see it before has said it was incredible. No joke, this is pretty much the greatest thing I've ever seen, and I'm pretty sure that every other person at the exhibit was thinking the same thing. Basically, this guy developed a new way of preserving bodies (they take out all the fluids and replace them with some sort of plastic), and you get to see every part of the body, up close, and learn how it works and interacts with other parts around it. It was so interesting! Have you ever seen your spleen before? Or an entire nervous system, or all of the arteries in your foot? I kind of think that everybody should be forced to see this, because then no one would ever do anything to harm their bodies again (especially after seeing a real full-body cross-section of a man who died of obesity-related complications). It was a pretty far walk from my hostel, so the entire way back, I just kept thinking about what leg muscles look like and picturing a knee joint extending over and over again... oh my god, I'm made of meat and bones!

I'd been walking around for about 6 hours, so after BodyWorlds I needed to sit down. I found a theater that was showing "Broken English," then bought a bratwurst from a German food stand and smuggled it inside. What is up with these theaters, and why are they so great? This one was a place called "The Living Room," which had a full-service lounge attached to it. You could order wine or little nibbles from the lounge, and they'd bring it into the theater for you. All the seats in the theater were basically little mini-recliners. Also, the movie was only $4.50. I'm in heaven!!!!

Afterwards, I went walking again, trying to find this stationary store where Al Gore apparently goes to get personalized stationary. I love Al Gore, and I love stationary, but mainly I just love spending money on stupid things when I have no job. (Un)fortunately, I never found it, but I did come across a Whole Foods store, my first ever! I know that everyone else on earth has already been there zillions of times, so pardon my naive enthusiasm when I ask, "Have you seen the produce section in this place?!?" No wilted strawberries in these aisles, no my brother! Ahahaha!! I ended up buying a few things for my train journey tomorrow, just in case the food is inedible. By "a few things" I mainly just mean 4 giant beers.

I walked around for 8 hours today, so I'm ready for 18 hours of sitting tomorrow. See you in California!

1 comment:

Piglet said...

OMG! why have i never seen this blog before!? i'm such a fool!

where are you now? i'm in singapore at the moment, it's lovely. whole foods is lovely too, but i've picked up b's habit of calling that establishment "whole paycheck."