Wednesday, October 24, 2007

R.I.P.

Another biker was killed this week, only 2 weeks after Portland's last fatal bike accident. He was in a bike lane, and wearing a helmet... and it happened pretty close to where I live. You can read the story here, and see a little memorial to him here. He worked at the Bike Gallery (which is where I saw Colin Meloy) and helped me pick out my bike lights when I was in there. Both bikers were crushed by trucks making a turn, and both were way, way, way too young to die (she was 19, he was 31). Ugh :(



Ghost bike memorial for Tracey Sparling



Ghost bike for Brett Jarolimek (both photos are from www.bikeportland.org)

1 comment:

Piglet said...

be careful on your wheels! at least, careful as you can, and watch out for loose cannon drivers. it's so sad that those people died because someone else can't drive. :(