Friday, October 26, 2007

If loving a constant temperature range of 40-70 degrees is wrong, I don't want to be right

I don't think there's really been a day yet in Portland where I haven't at some point said, "What a nice day!" Fall in Oregon is what I would term "ok by me;" even the rain is strangely fine, since it gives the air that special "wet leaf" smell. And the sunny days! Monday was maybe the nicest day the entire planet has ever seen: sunny and 70, light breeze, leaves covering the entire city. In the afternoon, Ben and I trotted over to a few neighborhood parks to try and feed some crows a loaf of old bread. Unfortunately, the crows proved to be much smarter than both of us, watching us from the trees until we left, then swooping in to collect their bounty. Rascals!

Some photos of Autumnal Heaven:

!


The old rapscallion himself!



These would be a lot more interesting if I weren't the worst photographer in the world.

It's been a week of many small delights. I've taken a few good walks. Ben finally saw "Perfect Strangers" and now (maybe) gets the joke when I do a Balki impression. The alternative weekly papers make me laugh, in a good way. Yesterday Ben and I split a bottle of Chimay Cinq Cents and a wedge of the Chimay cheese, which by itself is enough to make any day good. Today Paul made BLT's and mimosas and we sat around watching The Sopranos, which is how we're filling the void now that we've finished Star Trek: Voyager (they made it back to Earth, by the way. I mean, in case you were wondering.). It's a good show, though automatically a step down since it's not set in space. I'm sorry, but mafia stories can't beat black hole stories... that's just how it is.

Tomorrow I get to spend the day with Anna, and maybe show Portland my Bjork costume. And on Monday I start earning money! Oh happy day(s).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! I think those are really great pictures! They are beautiful...alot like back in IL....there isnt much fall here on the east coast...it was still like 80 degrees everday and the leaves on the trees have hardly changed colors...but the past few days of rain and a whopping 70 degrees! lol. Anyway, hope you have a great weekend...i sent you something so I hope it gets to you on monday or tuesday...also have a great first day at work!
p.s. and the talking cat videos are sooo cute..i watched like 5 or 6 of them