Monday, October 15, 2007

Hello, goodbye.

I tell you, when it rains, it pours. Ben got a call today from ol' Northrup Grumman today, inviting him to come work for them. He will officially be making... a lot. (See also: roughly 3 times what I will be making.) Wheee! Oh yeah, and the job is in Los Angeles. I live in Portland. Sigh.

Anyway, on to more exciting news: I have a new mid-weight wool coat! It is basically the coat of my dreams, meaning that it is miraculously long enough in the arms. It's navy with white buttons, since I am exiting my black and red phase and entering my blue and brown phase. I might either look like a fisherman or the Little Prince, but as I mentioned before, it's long enough in the arms, so I don't actually care what it looks like. New Coat!

I went to another cyclocross race this weekend, which was held at a giant farm/forest about 20 minutes outside of Portland. (I love that you can find yourself in rural areas almost immediately after exiting the city, by the way.) We shared a 40 and had a grand old time. Here I am, probably about to tell Ben to hurry up:





The starting line

Not pictured: the Porta-Potty that overflowed.



No comments: