Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Night Janitor at HarperCollins

On my commute home today, a woman walked by me to get off the bus, and a fortune from a fortune cookie fell out of her purse and landed on the seat next to me. (I know. But really, this actually did happen.) It said, "You have an ambitious nature and will make a name for yourself." This was at the very second that I was listening to a song called "Publisher" by Blonde Redhead. Who knew a cosmic symbol would come to me on public transit? Also, my lucky numbers were 4 and 7 (4 + 7 = December 11th!! Or December 47th?) and 23, which is the name of the album I was listening to. That, and 14, 35, and 48, which I'm ignoring since they don't fit neatly into the story. Although, I was 14 once... NO MERE COINCIDENCE.

Ben visits in 10 days, Anna gets here in a month, Shadie comes in 6 or 8 weeks, Geoff visits in February, and Alex maybe comes sometime after that. My thoughts basically consist of a never-ending slideshow of these five faces, maybe with an Abba song playing in the background. Those 5 faces, and one of those cartoon meat drumsticks. Yes, that's about all there is to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so cool! Weird, but neat that it happened like that....
Anyway, im really glad that you are happy out there. I still want to come out and visit sometime soon hopefully. Hope you have a great weekend and you are doing well. You didnt get all the flooding did u? I watched on tv but wasnt sure if you got all the rain or not....
p.s. I'll have to update on my Lj...lots of details

Christine

Piglet said...

dude. the planets are aligned! you're going to make a name for yourself--perhaps by carving into a table at murphy's on a near-future visit home?! it's a sign!