Monday, November 19, 2007

Spockolate

Today I tried to ride the bus to work, which would have been a great success if the bus had actually shown up. After a pathetic chain of events involving a ticket machine that only spoke Spanish and a depressing sojourn at a bus stop located under an overpass, I finally walked home and begged Paul to drive me. From there, the day progressed into something that I would liken to a young adult novel where someone endures their first mortifying day at a new junior high school. I immediately made sure to sit on a giant chunk of chocolate, since the only thing that looks better than a wet, tired employee is a wet, tired employee with melted chocolate all over their ass. I was just getting over this when I noticed that my lunch had leaked all over my purse, which now smells like tuna and capers (though, as a bonus I may now enjoy new popularity with the neighborhood cats). The rest is just your typical laundry list of stupid embarrassments: food in teeth, zit on cheek, stuttering, tripping. I skinned my knee? I don't even know how that happened.

Fortunately, I found the chocolate incident to be so hilarious that I was in an A+ mood all day, which turned to A++ after I got home and unearthed this little gem:

Yeah, haw haw, go ahead and make your "some things never change!!!" joke. The point is, I vividly remember this trip because I sat in chocolate and got in all over that jacket! I feel a kinship with my younger self. The fact that I am posing with cardboard Star Trek characters makes it even more perfect.

Home in 2 1/2 days :)

2 comments:

Piglet said...

your star trek outfits only got better as the years went on. this one is the right color, but it's not even spandex! oh, how you've grown into your spock-like self!!

Anonymous said...

I remember that blue jacket well.