Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wearing white while talking about Labor Day.

As usual, I actually did something of interest, then forgot to update you about it until weeks later. Since it's now September 20th, a Labor Day update seems appropriate, yes? Sometimes this blog is like a time machine!

Anyway, I went up to Washington to Lake Chelan with the Price brothers and 30 of their closest friends. The thing about Lake Chelan is that, in addition to being over 50 miles long, it's also the 24th deepest lake in the world (and 3rd in the country). 24th deepest! When it comes to superlatives, I get excited. After cannonballing in the lake with one of the guys on the trip, I said something akin to, "Say, did you know that Chelan is the 24th deepest lake ON EARTH?!" and he nonchalantly said, "Oh yes, I researched before I came." Needless to say, nearly everyone on this trip got an A+ from me.

We stayed in 3 very nice lake houses, which unfortunately I have no photos of. But here's the 24th deepest lake on Earth:


The only 30 seconds when it wasn't raining.



I want pancakes! Also, because I'm concerned about my internet reputation, I need to make it clear that I'm wiping my hands on my shorts, not grabbing my own butt.

Tally ho, bacon nightmare! This grease-log was lovingly handcrafted from sausage, hamburger, and cheese, then snuggled into a bacon-latticed blanket. The arm is there for size reference. (Size XL)

Goodbye, summer, you treated us well! Ready and waiting for hot cider and cardigans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm excited that fall is here, and I'm even looking forward to winter, but I miss summer...