Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Doing things the easy way.

Well, so much for my good intentions. It's for everyone's benefit that I haven't updated, as they would be filled with whining about various things that don't matter, some that do, and lots of desperate laments for more sleep and hugs. Luckily for all of us, the 3 worst weeks of the year have ended, and now I'm ready to paint my kitchen tabletop with chalkboard paint and show you a few photos from my birthday.

28. I skipped up to the forests of Washington with some of the people I like best, to a little campground called "Collins" (hmm!) on the Duckabush River. Remember when I showed you that lovely photo? Turns out I had no idea what I was getting into:

It is so good to let yourself be celebrated once in awhile. 28 felt the same as 27, and 27 felt the same as 26, but 28 feels different than 26, so I know something's happening inside. It's hard to say what my favorite part of the weekend was, but between you and me, I think it was the banana pancakes. (Not pictured: meteor shower, cupcakes, tofu tacos, nerdy card games, early morning swims, streamers wrapped around old-growth trees)

2 comments:

CURRENT EVENTS IN MENTAL HEALTH NURSING said...

Awww this looks like such a fun weekend!!! Gorgeous pictures! (I like the moss beard.)

Piglet said...

pancakes, yum! your fork looks a little cumbersome, though.