Thursday, January 22, 2009

January 20th, 2009

Wait, what's all this I hear about a new president?


As you can see, I was able to celebrate Inauguration Day with a homemade pizza cooked on a genuine PRESTO PIZZAZ PIZZA OVEN. Truly, I am blessed. After work I went over to Anna and Brian's apartment, where we ate our pizzazed pizza and watched the Tivo-d inaugural coverage. I'd listened to it live on NPR at work, but it was good to see the visual coverage. Can you imagine being in that crowd? I think I would've been cranky.

It was also a pre-birthday celebration for Anna, who refuses to do anything on her actual birthday. Take that!:


Good people, good times:


I believe Obama is strongly pro-jello shot.




The view from Anna's apartment is officially insane.

After pizza and snark, I raced home to meet my roommate and his bandmates, and we took off for a giant dance party at Holocene. Oh! Unfortunately, only one photo survives from the night, since I forgot to take my camera inside. Luckily, it was a really good one:


Whoops. Anyway, if I said we had the best time in history, would you believe me? Oh, so much dancing, so much joy! Unfortunately, my "dancin' shoes" are also my most uncomfortable shoes (death to all wedge heels), but the next morning I felt exhausted and sore in a happy and content sort of way. It also didn't hurt that we had the most beautiful sunrise on Wednesday morning. "Luckily", my bus was 45 minutes late, so I had time to take some photos for you:

This is where I wait for the bus every morning -- Downtown, 1st & Columbia, looking towards the waterfront.


And there's Mount Hood. Oh, my darling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that Obama is pro organic rabbit and helles munich beer because that is what we ate on Inauguration night! By the way, are you coming for the trip to Norway?

Piglet said...

amandroid! i just looked over my last post and was overcome with because it's utterly pointless and incomprehensible and not-flowy. but still, glad you liked the photoz!! i made them look cooler and more party-ish on picnik.com, which is free and really easy to use. i might even splurge for a pro account so i can do MORE and BETTER stuffs! yarg! anyway, your pizza looks like it should be in my belly.