Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mud, butter.

Here's a video preview of the race that Ben is coming up to Portland for on November 9th (he will be here Nov 1-10). It's the Single Speed Cyclocross World Championship, otherwise known as "Best Most Totally Fun-Time Awesome Spectacle." The video was filmed at last year's race, and occasionally you can see us leaning into the frame, doing dumb stuff (you really won't be able to spot us unless you know exactly where to look, so don't spend too much time doing that). Anyway, I'm really looking forward to heckling those fools from the sidelines and pouring beers on them as they struggle to run uphill with their bikes in the mud. I hear Ben has an orange bike with hot pink tires and matching 80's helmet! Oh, and the winner gets a tattoo and a golden speedo. I would lose on purpose.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: I just found out today that there are TWOOOO waffle stands within 10 blocks of my house!! This is big news. The thing I missed the most from my old neighborhood was the waffle stand down the block, which I visited so often they knew my name and order. It was like "Cheers," with butter and powdered sugar. Don't worry, I will update with detailed info as soon as I visit both carts. These things are important.

UPDATE: I've had several people ask me if the giant spider ever appeared again at my workplace. Luckily, it has not.

No comments: