Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happiness, sappiness

Dear Internet,

I know it's been awhile. The thing is, I'm really happy, and it takes up all my time! And now it's been so long that I don't know where to start. So, you know:

Biking around, going to 2 farmer's markets a week, walking around town and eating a pint of blueberries, beer fests, mountains, 75 degree days, tapas, brunch, the waffle stand, cooking elaborate dinners for myself, running 5 miles a day, growing my own herbs, reading 4 books at once, listening to the Besnard Lakes album until I get sick of it (not yet), new bands, new people, finding furniture on the curb and dragging it home, eating tacos with Anna, street fairs, margarita tents, biking to get the Sunday Times, getting up early, finding a blackberry bush, picnics, parks, happy hours, kiddie pools, bbqs, fun sunshine rainbows unicorns happiness!!!

I'm having a blast, not really because anything special's happening, but just because. I guess you could say that Portland agrees with me. The fact that I walk around with a smile on my face all day, even when my job is getting boring and I miss my old friends -- well, that's a wonderful thing. And the fact that things will only get better and happier -- well, golly! The only thing I don't like right now is my haircut, but you know, that'll grow out.

No comments: